Simple Living: Tiny Daily Tweak

Thursday, February 2, 2017






I've been making a conscious effort to make my day-to-day life more enjoyable and beautiful by filling it with tiny pleasures that are hardly noticeable and probably wouldn't mean much to other people, but they make a huge difference to me.

For example, ever since I started to read Lisa's blog, I noticed that every time she photographs her coffee, it's always beautifully set on a cloth napkin, never directly on the table or on a random coaster. After a while I started to do the same in my own home. At first just for the pure love for aesthetics, but then I noticed that this rather simple act of consciously making my surroundings more pleasant contributes to me having a better and more fulfilled day.

It's so easy to go through life without really thinking about all the things we do, but how about just stopping for a minute to make that small chore more enjoyable or more special.

Just a thought...

P.S: Wash your bowl.
P.P.S: Living the label-less life.

(Photos by Lisa Hjalt)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this idea a lot

LyddieGal said...

That is a sweet idea, I can appreciate the little things we do which give us joy, even the smallest actions matter, because every little thing adds up.

Martina Menzini said...

How lovely! As soon as I have my very own espresso machine moving in, I will make a ritual out of drinking my coffee as well. It really is the little things, isn't it?! xo

Lisa Hjalt said...

Thank you, Diana, for this lovely feature on my blog and images. About the cup of coffee and the cloth napkins: It's the little things ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk